Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Still Waiting

UPDATE: I guess I missed that before... Obama claimed an intention to show us a different kind of campaign, and I guess he really HAS. Never in my life have I seen a candidate telling people to get in the faces of those who do not agree with their choice for candidate, to argue with them. So much for democratic processes. If I don't vote for him, I'm going to get argued into submission? Browbeat into casting a vote for someone just because someone else tells me to do so? Obama fanatics love to compare him to Dr. King, but in no way could I ever imagine Dr. King stooping to this level. Any inclination I may have had to vote for this man was thrown out the window the moment he "threw me under the bus" right behind grandma and Reverend Wright, telling me essentially that my vote does not matter if it's not for him.

Obama is claimed to be the great uniter in this country, but I've never seen a population more divided, one side resorting to name-calling and demeaning the other side (on BOTH sides). He claimed he would show me a different kind of campaign. All I see are smears against his opponent and manipulations of the truth and even outright lies. Obama claimed the latest "rescue" bill (read CORPORATE WELFARE) wasn't perfect but needed to be passed to prevent catastrophe. With a Congress full of our supposed "best and brightest," why the FUCK should we accept "not perfect" - why the FUCK should we not expect these dimwits to get past themselves and do what is best for their constituents - you know, THE ONES WHO PAY THEIR SALARIES ???? - to create something that is "perfect," instead of just rolling over and accepting an ass-reaming?

And don't bother to ask for Vaseline, cuz that's just not in the budget.

McCain is ancient and while he could potentially outlive many of us, he just does not appear comfortable in his role as GOP candidate. That's all we need: Another Taft. McCain also promised to show me a different kind of campaign. It's no different for you than for Obama. You're all despicable, you're all true politicians - and politicians are no better than whores deliberately spreading diseases. McCain knows this bailout bill is bullshit, but he doesn't bother to say ANYTHING, other than "Pass it or else." Your scare tactics do not work with me. Having actually studied economics and finance, I simply am not convinced there is a "disaster" headed this way. PERIOD. Yes, it will hurt - a lot - for a long time - but we will survive AND WE WILL PROSPER if we allow Fannie and Freddie to fail. That's how markets work, when someone is not meddling.

I am sick to death of this whole fiasco that has been the 2008 election. Every line, every utterance, every face flashing a grinning mouth full of razor-sharp teeth across the TV screen, every single occurrence related to this election has been a mockery of democracy. Whoever wins this election, Obama or McCain (we already know the Electoral College will never allow consideration of a third party candidate, so frankly I have no clue why they bother running, their being disregarded the ultimate subversion of democracy and the Constitution), will inherit a world of shit and administer the final dose in the lethal injection this nation has been sentenced to.

R.I.P., United States of America. You will not be forgotten.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Business Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP