Friday, October 17, 2008

If Only, If Only...

...we could have seen this



and this



instead of the shit we've seen so far, maybe I wouldn't be quite so disgusted with the antics of Sen. McCain and Sen. Obama and their surrogates and their parties in general. What is most disgusting to me, though, is that little attention is given to these wonderful speeches, the MSM seemingly focused only on negativity and harsh words and tactics.

My disappointment runs deep, having been promised a "different kind of campaign" by both gentlemen, only to have it deteriorate into "politics as usual" with smear campaigns conducted by their respective camps. I expected more, expected better, and I was not let down easily but thrown recklessly to the floor as though by a madman in the midst of a fit of rage.

I know that these gentlemen have not been spewing most of this nonsense themselves, but their surrogates have; and since the "big guy" is responsible for the actions of those delegated stumping tasks on their behalf, the "face" of the campaign, it reflects poorly on their candidacy.

I still admire many, many qualities about both John McCain and Barack Obama; but I cannot give my vote for either with a clear conscience.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Business Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP