Sunday, June 1, 2008

My Final Words on the Subject - Part III

NADER IN 2008!

Since I am forced every 4 years to choose between the "least of the evils," I choose Mr. Nader (again..... for the third time around), as he is affiliated with neither the Democratic nor Republican parties and represents values I am aligned with. I believe at this point in our history, we need a President who is truly "independent." For that reason, if he were to ever run as either, my support for him would cease. Immediately. Period.

Not that my vote for Nader (or ANY candidate for that matter) makes much difference, since the Electoral College will handily ensure that the biggest pile of steaming dog shit campaigning makes it into the Oval Office, the biggest and steamiest piles coming, of course, from those two parties. (Every party produces dog piles, but the sheer volume of dog piles pouring forth from the D's and R's alone is overwhelming, their vast numbers ensuring their ability to leech off the American citizenry into perpetuity, further contributing to their size and steam factors. For some reason, we seem to like dog shit, not bothering to scrape it off but walking around with it JUST THERE, election to election. It's long past time we bought some new shoes and started watching where we step.)

In each of the 4 presidential elections I have had the privilege of exercising my right to vote, I have soundly and proudly voted independent each time. I have no reason to change course now. I know that my vote is being "thrown away" -- the Electoral College will never elect an independent into office. EVER. For some reason, though, I can't find it in myself to vote for any of the 3 perfectly molded, mounded, rounded, glossed and glimmered piles of dog shit offered up this time around. It ain't happening.

I just sit back and laugh. People say they want change. If people want change so badly, WHY ARE THEY STILL VOTING INTO OFFICE THE SAME BATCH OF RECYCLED POLITICIANS THAT HAVE BEEN SUCKING OUR LIFE FORCE AWAY SINCE LINCOLN TOOK ONE IN THE HEAD? If they want change, why are they voting for career politicians and looking down their noses at a candidate whose lifelong career has been that of a CONSUMER ADVOCATE? Those career politicians (Hitlery and NObama and McCracker included) all claim they can turn this country around, but it will take someone who is truly interested in the welfare of the constituency (*cough* CONSUMER ADVOCATE *cough*) to wrestle us away from the maw of the beast about to swallow us whole.

I wasn't really paying much attention today to the meeting being held in DC about the Michigan and Florida delegations, and the only reason I looked afterwards was to see what kind of stupidity was being foisted off on the unsuspecting American public in general and the constituency of Michigan and Florida in particular. In their decision to seat these two states' delegations at half-votes, the Democratic party has proven to me that they are as untrustworthy as a whole as some of their candidates are as individuals. They set rules and imposed penalties and in the end, after enough crowing from Hillary's corner, bowed down and kissed her ass.

I will NEVER vote for a Democratic candidate as long as I live, ever. Their party is corrupt and unethical, deceitful and far too willing to trivialize and marginalize the democratic process. They should never have agreed to seat these delegations in any way, shape, or form after indicating that this would be the sanction for violating the rules - they are weak and easily swayed to bend under pressure. Talk about flip-flopping. By seating the Michigan delegation (even with half-votes) and apportioning the "uncommitted" votes to Obama, they have effectively hijacked the democratic process, telling those voters who were uncommitted that their vote was for Obama, even if it was for Edwards or Dodd or another or if they were truly "uncommitted" and may have voted Clinton in the end. By awarding delegates based on an election in which hundreds of thousands of voters never had the opportunity to voice their opinion, having been told their voice would not count anyhow, they have grossly misrepresented the people of this state - MY STATE.

In the manner in which the DNC has told me, a Michigan voter, to fuck off, I now say to Democratic candidates far and wide, in all of my own personal future voting capacity, fuck off. You will never get my vote.

2 comments:

Dawn (Twisted Sister),  June 3, 2008 at 6:57 PM  

hmmm... I get the feeling your final words part 4 is coming :)
psst! don't tell anyone I was here. I'm on a break!

Diesel,  June 5, 2008 at 6:11 PM  

Well, I ain't voting for Nader, but I'm pretty disgusted with the Republicans. Gonna probably have to go Libertarian this time.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Business Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP