Friday, May 30, 2008

Stupid People and Censorship

I remember in Ag class back in high school, the teacher told us never to raise baby chickens in an enclosure with corners: They will follow the walls around into a corner, get stuck there because they can't figure out how to turn around and get out, and eventually die from lack of food and water or warmth. In a circular enclosure, they just follow the wall around and around and never get stuck. Apparently chickens are not very bright.

Earlier this year, I watched in horror as Texas CPS and law enforcement agents raided and removed from their homes over 400 FLDS children, detaining them while CPS tried to do what it does best: Terminate parental rights so they could be placed for adoption. (Don't be fooled, with the exception of a very FEW outstanding workers, Children's Protective Services is not about protecting children but just another arm of the government whose function is protecting state control and manipulation of the population, collecting cash and ultimately squashing that pesky Constitution and the rights it guarantees.)

I know very little about the FLDS other than the occasional headline I glanced at briefly then skipped about Warren Jeffs, but I have been following this case with interest in the 2 months since the raid on their compound with tanks and machine guns to take their children based on information received secondhand in a phone call that appears to have been a hoax.

I've had several problems with this from the start and long before details started trickling in, the fundamental errors in the CPS case and the manner in which the raid and its subsequent actions have been carried out. I was mortified at the invasion of a religious community with TANKS AND MACHINE GUNS. HELLO? EVER HEARD OF WACO? Fortunately, that was avoided. Over the next few weeks, I read and, perhaps most importantly of all, THOUGHT about what had happened and what was going to happen to these children and their parents - and ultimately every parent and every child in America if CPS were allowed under color of law to remove children based on "belief practices" and "potential harm." Just imagine the precedent being set. If your beliefs (religious or otherwise) are not those of the state, will they take your children because you "might" pose a risk to them at some future date? This is, for all intents and purposes for the majority of these FLDS families, the case being presented against them. If this were to indeed become legal, following this line of logic, laws and policies and even judicial decisions would evolve so that any person could be detained for a crime they "might" commit in the future, and forget about things like DUE PROCESS because they will no longer exist. Rules of society and the laws built upon them are fluid and dynamic, as we can see with so many aspects of our current culture, so that leap of thought is not really that far-fetched.

I followed this case on ABC News' website over several articles about the case, and I became more and more disgusted. Disgusted not only at what happened but at comments posted in the forums by people - American citizens - basically asking for the heads of these FLDS parents - also American citizens - on platters. They thought it was OKAY that CPS took the children because their parents are "brainwashed" polygamists and "pedophiles." They thought it was OKAY to raid homes and take children, stuff them into a sports arena and shelters, separate sibling groups and scatter them across all corners of Texas - anywhere, as long as they were away from their parents (and away from their own cozy little corners of reality). They thought all of this was THE RIGHT THING TO DO, because they didn't agree with the sect's lifestyle: What they do is illegal and immoral and they should all burn in hell. After the state's Supreme Court ordered the return of hundreds of children seized ILLEGALLY, these same people continued to rant: The judges are idiots, the children are being forced to return to mental slavery and pedophilia and. . . horror of horrors. . . polygamy.

All the while, I'm getting more and more pissed.

I don't have a "problem" with the so-called polygamy issue (they marry "legally" ONCE and all other "marriages" are "spiritual," so technically no law has been broken). I don't even have a problem with sect leaders choosing who will marry whom, as long as it falls within the laws set forth by the state (i.e., Texas allows girls to marry at 16 with parental consent, and that's fine with me). I really don't even have a problem with young girls marrying dudes 2 or 3 or 4 times their age (again, as long as the "marriage" follows the laws of the state).

What I DO have a problem with is these idiots who can't see that allowing the state to single out and target a specific group for no LEGAL reason and take their children opens the floodgates to allowing the state to walk into ANY home, ANY school in America, and seize and hold the children of ANY AMERICAN CITIZEN FOR ANY REASON. You're FLDS? We're taking your kids. You're Catholic? We're taking your kids. You're disabled? We're taking your kids. You're brown-eyed? WE'RE TAKING YOUR KIDS. Of course, they don't see it, because they're too busy cutting off their own noses to spite their faces.

WE LIVE IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. WE HAVE A MAGNIFICENT DOCUMENT, THE CONSTITUTION, THAT GRANTS US FREEDOMS AND RIGHTS, AMONG WHICH ARE FREEDOM OF RELIGION, FREEDOM FROM ILLEGAL SEARCHES AND SEIZURES, FREEDOM FROM SELF-INCRIMINATION (violated by forcing this entire community to submit to DNA testing) AND (by way of the 14Th Amendment) FREEDOM TO EXERCISE CARE AND CUSTODY OF OUR CHILDREN. In one fell swoop, Texas CPS officials attempted to obliterate the most sacred of our Constitutional tenets, and these morons on the ABC forum (and elsewhere) were SUPPORTING it.

I couldn't stop myself any more. I opened my mouth. I posted comments. A lot of them. I don't know why I wasted my breath (keystrokes) and time doing so, though, since I realize now that these wastes of skin probably SHOULD have their children taken from them. They promote prejudices, irrational and unjustified hatred toward their fellow man, and they will teach it to their children and create yet another generation of hate-filled, hate-mongering pigs just like themselves. I posted, again, a LOT of comments. I was pissed but thought them through carefully, reading and re-reading before posting to ensure I didn't come off as a loon and to try to make a rational case, but obviously some pile of pig vomit didn't like what I had to say and EVERY COMMENT I EVER POSTED TO ABC NEWS FORUMS HAS BEEN DELETED, including those about completely unrelated issues like grilling food, a woman who lost her house over a $68 dental bill, and a couple in England who wanted to select deaf embryos for insemination.

EVERY ONE OF MY POSTS HAS BEEN DELETED. However, I see the posts promoting hanging the FLDS parents out to dry are still there. Talk about censorship.

Screw it. I'm done trying to explain to stupid people that the way in which they blindly follow the masses and allow the further stripping of Constitutional rights from a few will lead to NONE OF US having any rights. They can figure it out on their own when CPS comes pounding on their doors with orders of custody for THEIR children with no justification - just because they can. These people are like the chickens above, too stupid to get out of the corner and just lying down to die (or take it up the bum courtesy of the government, without the benefit of a little Vaseline).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Business Templates by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP